Saturday, August 22, 2009

More stuff to buy

20. Tales of Vesperia (360) $25


I thought Tales of Vesperia was coming to the PS3 in an enhanced edition, so I was waiting for that. But apparently this version is only going to be released in Japan. I suppose the release of the PS3 Slim in September and the likely growth of the PS3's North American userbase could increase the chance of a TOV PS3 release in the US though.

This game looks amazing and I've always wanted to try it. The real-time combat and multiplayer co-op seem like a lot of fun, too. The biggest thing holding me back, though, is my belief that the game may be meant for a much younger gamer than I. Hmm.. perhaps I can justify the purchase by playing this with my girl.

21. Final Fantasy 13 (PS3) $60


I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core on the PSP and am enjoying it quite a bit. The "action RPG" style gameplay keeps things interesting. On Normal difficulty, the game is a nice game for the subway trips to and from work. On Hard difficulty, I felt like jumping off a bridge, as the game's difficulty seemed to go from "pretty easy" to "insanely hard" with nothing in between.

Anyway, I've never gotten into the FF series outside of Crisis Core. I put 10-20 hours into the last PS2 FF game and thought it was dull. There was simply too much repetitive gameplay for too little plot development. I was basically travelling from Point A to Point B for huge periods of time, with little compelling reason to do so. The game just felt too slowly paced for me.

Still, FF13 appears to be some kind of gaming event for everyone else, so I will probably try it out just to see what the fuss is about.

No comments: